If you’re looking for reasons to escape to Sanibel for the holidays we have some great reasons that will encourage you to do just that. The holiday season doesn’t mean you have to spend it at home. It’s a beautiful time of the year to come to Sanibel! Our holiday vacation condominiums come will fully equipped kitchens if you still want to make that Thanksgiving feast but you’ll also have the option to go out to eat at any of the area restaurants that are open for the holiday.
1. There is nothing more relaxing than beachcombing at Bowman’s Beach on Sanibel Island in search of shells unlike any you’ve ever collected before. And the best part is — it’s free!
2. A lovely adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic by Christopher Schario will be performed at BIG ARTS Strauss Theater from November 28 – December 23 with traditional English folk tunes and fiddle. A child’s reading of A Christmas Carol becomes a magical transformation when he is ushered into the real world of Dicken’s much loved characters. A warm and wonderful holiday “must see.” Location: 2200 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, FL. For more information call 239-472-6862 or visit their website.
3. The Sanibel & Captiva Islands Chamber of Commerce will hold their 32nd Annual Luminary Holiday Stroll from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 2 on Sanibel and Saturday, Dec. 3 on Captiva. Beautifully lit paths will lead the way to merry landmarks, where festival attendees will have an assortment of activities, snacks and refreshments. Free for all ages! In keeping with the “Holiday Stroll” theme, trolleys will not be provided. Gather your friends and family for a charming luminary “Holiday Stroll” without waiting in line for a trolley ride. The luminary stretches from one end of Periwinkle Way to the other and offers a multitude of choices along the way. Luminary on Captiva spans Captiva Drive and Andy Rosse Lane with plenty of special treats at various businesses. Location: 2427 Periwinkle Way, Sanibel, FL. Phone: (239) 472-6385.
4. If you like live performances then you’re sure to enjoy the BIG ARTS Community Chorus Holiday Concert on December 6. Location: 900 Dunlop Road, Sanibel, FL. Phone: (239) 395-0900 for more information.
5. Let the BIG ARTS Concert Band help you get into the joyous mood of the holidays with a live performance on December 17 at 7 p.m. This annual community event is a perennial, sell-out favorite. Tickets are available online. Location: 900 Dunlop Road, Sanibel, FL. Phone: (239) 395-0900.
All of us at Blind Pass Condominiums would like to wish you and yours a very happy holiday season!